Four Drunk Parrots is based on the banks of the Richmond River in beautiful Northern NSW on Bundjalung Country. Born on a palm plantation in the nearby rolling hills, caring for our planet has been part of our ethos from the beginning.
Climate change is the biggest existing threat to humankind and every year we are increasingly seeing its devastating effects. It goes against our ethos to contribute to this destruction, so instead we’re actively taking steps to help offset our footprint and help the environment.
We believe environmental sustainability is an ongoing journey to become better – we can always improve. We continue to review how our business impacts on the environment, and we intend to keep raising the bar. This sustainability statement is part of our transparency.
Our commitment is as follows:
- Continue to educate ourselves about how to minimise our environmental impact, both as a business and as individual team members.
- Minimise the waste associated with conducting business operations.
- Minimise our carbon footprint as a business and as a team.
- Care for our water, as the precious resource that it is.
- Encourage our clients, suppliers and communities to be aware of environmental issues and how they can contribute positively.
- Make our purchases with sustainability in mind, prioritised alongside price.
- Turn our food waste into compost.
- Support and promote local businesses.
We’re a member of 1% For the Planet, where one percent of our revenues go to vetted environmental nonprofits.
As the first brand in the Northern Rivers but also as one of only few gloabally, 4DP are now Climate Neutral Certified. Our entire “cradle to customer” brand-level operations are covered, including all upstream product/ service emissions, shipping emissions, and corporate overhead emissions such as business travel, and utilities at the office. The only thing not included is emissions from use and disposal of our products/ services.
As a B Corp hopeful, we are committed to producing an annual Impact Report that outlines the specifics of our measuring and reducing efforts. This is our first report only, in the meantime, this sustainability statement is our line in the sand.