Writer Opportunity (Contractor)
Four Drunk Parrots is seeking to contract a Writer/Designer for 5-10 hours/week on a month-to-month basis.
This is a virtual position, though applicants located near our headquarters of Byron Bay are
welcome to apply with the potential to conduct some work in-person, if desired/ideal.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, submit cover letter, resume/CV and writing/portfolio samples
online via this application form. Submission reviews will begin March 27th and will continue until
the needs are filled.
Time & Rate
5-10 hours/week structured as a month-to-month contract with the possibility to extend into a
longer-term commitment. Rate range is $20-40/hour depending on experience.
● Ability to read and understand research reports required
● Experience in writing across different industries
● Experience designing graphics and visuals that are engaging and consistent with an
organisation’s branding preferred
● Strength in managing complex projects, setting and meeting deadlines, working collaboratively, managing client expectations, and maintaining project documentation
● A persuasive and confident approach to content
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including confidence in participating in virtual meetings (Note: This contractor will likely only interface with the Four Drunk Parrots’ Content team and not necessarily Four Drunk Parrots’ clients).
● Exceptional ability to listen, glean key takeaways, and craft narratives from the insights
of experts across multiple disciplines
● Apply trends and best practices in professional writing and graphic and document design
● Agility to accept critical feedback and make revisions based on internal and client
● Ability to work independently and virtually
● Perform research, writing, and design tasks within necessary timeframes
● Make revisions based on client and internal feedback
● Work and revise on fast turnarounds and aggressive deadlines
● In-depth knowledge of writing and preferably some graphic/document design
● Comfort with technical jargon and the use of discipline-specific tools and language
● Previous working experience as part of a virtual team with online collaboration