In any business, if you give your customers a reason to keep wondering why and how things work, you will risk losing them. This is why you should invest the necessary resources and emphasise the application of SEO in your quest to create the most useful FAQ page.
Your FAQ page should consist of factual answers that are easy to understand. And if you connect these answers to the rules of SEO, your business will reap all the gains that come with an SEO-optimised FAQ page.
Benefits of having an SEO-friendly FAQ page
When your FAQ page is built with respect to SEO, you will get the following benefits:
- If your FAQ page has a high rank on Google search, your website will get more traffic and engagement. This is because they will find links to more details within your website, which will make them develop a connection with your brand—and this will increase your ROI.
- With an SEO-optimised FAQ page, your leads will be encouraged to make purchases as quickly as possible. This is because they will get valuable information about your business in the fastest possible time.
- There is also an undeniable competitive advantage linked to having an SEO-friendly FAQ page. Since there are competitors who are also after your target market, you have to be on the first page of Google and even be in the top search results. This will ensure that your targets find their answers on your page first and eventually choose your products/services over others.
- An FAQ page that appears at the top of Google searches will command respect. It is a sign that you are trustworthy and serious, so people will be more willing to do business with you.
How to optimise your FAQ page to boost SEO
The following tips will guide you towards developing an FAQ page that will boost your website’s SEO performance.
- Your answers should be short and to the point, yet complete and factual. If a question needs more details, write a separate article and use internal linking to connect it with your FAQ answer.
- Structure your FAQ page in such a way that your visitors can easily see a list of subcategories that will help them scan through the questions. Also, design a search bar with on-the-type suggestions.
- Incorporate appropriate keywords into your questions and answers. These keywords can be derived from the trending phrases in your industry. Consistently insert these keywords with respect to Google standards.
- Your FAQ page should have a feature that allows people to rate how helpful your answers were to them. If you monitor this feedback, you will know the right adjustments to make.
Some business owners see FAQ sections as an afterthought. But if you format your FAQ pages for user experience, markup your page with FAQ schema, and maximise the tips mentioned above, you will discover that an SEO-friendly FAQ page can be a powerful boost to your business. It would be a mistake to underestimate the benefits.