Google Ad Grants:
If you are a not-for-profit organisation and are unsure of exactly how to go about applying for a Google Ad Grant, read on to learn everything you need to know.
What Is A Google Ad Grant?
A Google Ad Grant will contribute $10,000 in advertising credit to your organisation’s cause. We have helped many of our clients receive these benefits including Sourdough Business Pathways, Synergy Group / Challenge Tweed, Smart Employment Solutions and Social Futures.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions:
What can Google Grants be used for?
- People will find your organisation and your projects, when searching for direct issues you are involved in.
- Generate leads to target as a part of your phone fundraising strategy
- Aid other fundraising channels, like TV advertising, print media, and general PR. This can drive the response through search.
- Use your Google Grant to reach more people and educate them about your cause.
How Is It Managed?
You can use the standard Google interface (which was previously Google Adwords). The platform is continuously evolving for the better every year. The key aspects of the platform revolve around:
- Staying up to date with the latest features
- Follow a strategy created by your marketing specialist (that’s us) to drive quality traffic and maximise your results to their fullest potential
How do I measure my results?
Analytical software is imperative to your campaign when using a Google ad grant. Google Analytics is the preferred tool as it’s not only one of the best but it’s completely free. Four Drunk Parrots can help you set up Google Analytics to measure engagement, reach, lead generation and fundraising results.
Four Drunk Parrots are Google Ad Grant Certified Professionals
As Google Ad Grant Certified Professionals, we are in constant contact with the Google Ads team on your behalf and are able to partake in betas and experiments to ensure your organisation is making the most of the grant.
Limitations of the Google Ad Grants:
It is important to be aware of the restrictions that come with Google Ad Grants as the grant does differ from the standardised paid Google ads.
- $10,000 per month is divided into $329 daily portions. If you have a large amount of traffic that day the $329 may not be enough to secure the traffic. This can be supplemented with a paid account.
- This amount only covers advertisements on the Google Search Network. Third-party sites that are run by Google Ads are not included.
- A 5% click-through rate needs to be sustained. Quality keywords are crucial to ensure this.
- Your Ad Group needs to have 2 unique and active ads.
- 2 unique site link ad extensions need to be a part of your strategy. This will ensure your ad will stand out and explains to the traffic visiting exactly what your cause is and how to get involved.
- Conversion tracking needs to be incorporated if your account has been active since the 1st of January 2018. As previously mentioned Google Analytics will be the best tool for this.
- With conversion tracking you can “maximise conversions” and Google Ads will bid above the $2 limit. This is not possible to do manually, you must stay below the bid limit of $2. Again Google Analytics can help with this.
These limitations must be adhered to, otherwise, Google can suspend or cancel your account. Find out more here.
Moving Forward with your Google Ad Grant:
Have a chat with us about how we can help you use Google Ad Grants to help your organisation get more exposure.
Drop us a line here if you’d like to find out more about working with us.