As in all marketing activities, planning is essential. If you start with a detailed, clear plan it makes everything easier moving forward. This free Customer Journey template helps you do just that. Plan out your Customer Journey so you know how to make their experience simpler and easier.
It’s a way to visualize your customers experience and how they typically would interact with your business. Your goal in mapping out that journey is to remove any difficulties and make the process as efficient and intuitive as possible. Another way of looking at it, is that it allows you to step into your customers shoes and view the process from their point of view – sometimes as business owners or employees we can become biased or a bit blind to how it would be from the other side, so this is an important process to take to ensure you are providing the best experience for your customers.
It is also good to get a decent sample of other people’s points of view. Because everyone’s perspective is different, someone else might perceive what you think is clear and simple to not make any sense at all.
Here are a few tips to get you started to improve your customers journey:
- Walk Through the Customer Experience yourself – Process a Pretend Sale.
- Map Out Different Paths from a Single Point.
- Differentiate on Touch Point Intensity (each point of contact with your brand) .
- Get Feedback from a Decent Sample Size of Different Sources.
- Focus on Function Over Form – Design is Important but Functionality is Number One.
- Do More than Just Map Out their Experience: Understand it and Improve it.
We can’t express how important putting yourself in your customers’ shoes is, and how it is such an essential step in ensuring you are providing the best user experience. If you would like our help to analyse your Customer Journey get in touch and we can discuss the best way to do this. Otherwise sign up for your free Customer Journey toolkit above and get started on creating the best customer journey possible.