Four drunk Parrots is looking for an experienced programmer with a keen eye for design (UI, UX and interactions) for the position of Frontend Developer to work on our website projects. Four Drunk Parrot’s Frontend Developer will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimising web pages for maximum efficiency and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
The Frontend Developer will be required to work alongside the marketing and design department to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, being able to think quickly is critical. When things do not go as planned, the show must go on and the Frontend Developer must find solutions before anyone else notices an issue.
This role is expected to be involved in the entire web development process, including but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with our technical team to build frontend website, features, and updates.
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices on current development/DevOps workflow built on GCP/AWS and Gitlab.
- Review and interpret the UX/UI design provided by the design team.
- Perform cross-browser, device functional, and feature QA for the website.
- Participate in requirements analysis, code reviews, and website launch.
- Produce and maintain engineering-related documents and workflow.
- Construct clear, efficient content model in CMS backend.
- Determine the structure of web pages for components development.
- Develop features/updates to enhance the user experience.
- Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensure web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Build reusable code for future use and easy updates.
- Optimising web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure inline comments are added in code for reference.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout the design.
- Think outside the box to elegantly solve complex challenges.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and introduce them to the team
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or 3 years of agency experience.
- Understanding of key design and development principles.
- Understanding of server-side development and rendering.
- Good understanding of CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive development.
- Understanding of SEO principles around page and meta-structures.
- Strong functional QA testing skills for cross-device and browsers.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in the following:
- Proficiency with the modern front end frameworks (ReactJS or VueJS).
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services.
- Knowledge of at least one server-side language such as PHP, Node JS, or Python is a plus.
- Experience with Firebase Hosting and Functions is a strong plus.
- Previous experience with data visualization libraries is an asset.
- Experience with source control (GitLab), unit testing, task tracking and CI/CD deployments.
- Experience with product development, sales funnels, ticketing and/or financial systems and large datasets/user base is strong asset.
- Experience in implementing data integration with frontend using API sources.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proficiency in problem-solving and analytical thinking.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record for writing clean, high quality, maintainable and well-documented code.
Inclusivity and diversity are at the heart of our culture at Four Drunk Parrots. We know that embracing people from diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a wonderful workplace and better outcomes for all. We make our hiring decisions based on experience and passion, not whether you tick all the boxes. We recognise that making reasonable adjustments is important and we are happy to provide them if you are keen to apply. We also encourage you to let us know the pronouns you use at any point during the recruitment process.If you have any questions please get in touch with our Chief Parrot, Sonja (she/her).
Interested? Wanna chat? Send your query to [email protected]